Cook Before College: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Lace Chocolate Chip Cookies:
These cookies are absolutely delicious! Developed through a baking mistake, they are thin, lacey, super chocolatey, and different from your everyday chocolate chip cookies!
- Baking sheet
- Small mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Cooling rack
- Metal spatula
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup unsifted flour (2 for thicker cookies)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In small mixing bowl, stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, one at a time. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir chocolate chips with wooden spoon.
- Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lacey and golden brown.
This is a scrumptious dessert that appeals to many and follows a meal of pasta exceptionally well. Good luck, Pelicans!