Daniel’s Style Guide
Above: Credit: Nordstrom
Welcome! Do you ever feel stressed in the morning when picking out your outfit? Ever have a fun night out planned but nothing to wear? Well, here is your go-to guide on dressing well this upcoming fall/winter season. My name is Daniel Biro and I will be giving you a guide to the best winter pieces to spruce up your wardrobe! This hopefully this will eliminate all your morning outfit hesitation for the many months ahead.
Winter coats are the most crucial part of dressing well in the cold season, as it is something you wear every single day. A coat is also the most difficult thing to pick out because it can be hard to find a stylish one that also keeps you warm. My suggestion is picking out two coats for the season, one reliably warm coat, and one stylish coat that is still warm to wear for weekends. Here are some options for your reliably warm and stylish coats:
- TNA “super puff” jacket This Aritzia puffer, retailing for $228, is the perfect combination of warmth and style. The best thing about this jacket is the wide variety of colors it comes in, you can go big and bold with red or simple and subtle with black.
- Zara “water repellent” parka This Zara parka, retailing for $120, is a sleek and chic option for winter. It comes with a detachable faux fur hood and plush faux fur lining to keep you warm.
- Zara “Buttoned Coat” This super stylish Zara coat retails for $199 and is the perfect piece to spice up your outfit. Its timeless shape makes it so versatile, you can wear it with almost anything.
- H&M “Short Pile Coat” This cozy coat option is the perfect staple for your winter wardrobe. Retailing for $80, it can be the perfect coat for a night-out on Saturday or a Sunday trip to the movies.
- Forever 21 “Faux Shearling” Jacket This faux shearling jacket might be the best combination between comfort and style, retailing for $60! It can be paired over a dress or with a pair of sweats!
Credit: Forever 21
- Apparis “Faux Fur Jacket” This super cute striped jacket can ideally finish off your Sunday brunch look! Despite the steep $210 price tag, this on-trend jacket will fit perfectly in your winter wardrobe.
Credit: Moda Operandi
- Topshop “Relaxed Coat” This sophisticated yet casual coat, retailing for $125, is extremely versatile and comes in four different colors!
- Zara “Double-Breasted Coat” This Zara coat, is worth the $350 splurge! The oversized look and double breasting make this a great on-trend and comfortable coat!
Sweaters can be so cute and cozy but so itchy and uncomfortable making the hunt for affordable knitwear so difficult. How do you find an affordable sweater that isn’t itchy? Can I even find a cashmere sweater for under $100? Here are your best and most reliable options for winter knitwear:
- Everlane “Cashmere V-neck” Everlane is the ideal place for elevated basics at a relatively affordable price. This piece, retailing for $100, comes in a wide variety of colors to please just about everyone. The sweater is even 100% CASHMERE!!
- Zara “Sweater with buttons” This nautical inspired sweater can be your go-to pairing with a great pair of denim. This oversized sweater, retailing for $50, is paired ideally with a simple pair of jeans.
- Maison Labiche “Short Sleeve Sweater” This short sleeve sweater may not be the warmest option, but it is most certainly the most stylish! The embroidery and ruffle detail make this the sweater of your dreams! ($130)
- J.Crew Sweater This oversized J. Crew sweater, retailing for $200, will keep you cozy and comfortable all winter long!
- H&M “Fine-Knit Sweater” This affordable option, retailing for $30, is a great layering piece. Pair it with your favorite coat, a chic pair of sweats, and you are good to go!
- Iro Striped Sweater This Iro sweater priced at $117 is on sale! A classic striped sweater is always good to have in your closet.
- Topshop Sweater This super-soft turtleneck is as cozy as it gets! Its $58 price tag makes it the perfect steal!
Boots are another important staple for your wardrobe, you don’t want to be stuck wearing sneakers all winter long! A great pair of boots can make or break your outfit. Whether you want a simple ankle bootie or a knee-high leather boot here are the best boots to wear this season:
- Zara “Flat Leather Boot” These pair of boots might be the chicest, most fashion-forward boots ever! These western-inspired boots, retailing for $220, are the best boot option in the game!
- Zara “Flat Ankle Boot” These grunge-inspired studded Zara boots are a perfect way to input some rock n’ roll into your style! ($60)
- Something Navy x Nordstrom Booties Retailing for $130, this white leather bootie is the best addition to your look for a Friday night out.
- Forever 21 “Faux-leather boots” A classic black boot is a fall staple, this forever 21 style is well-priced retailing for $33!
Credit: Forever 21
- Sigerson Morrison “Isla fur boot” These Sigerson Morrison boots are stylish and warm! Retailing for $450, they are the perfect winter investment.
Credit: Sigerson Morrison
- Steve Madden “Cafe Boot” This super chic boot, $130, coming in a wide variety of colors will work with any and every outfit!
Credit: Steve Madden
- Steve Madden “Knock Bootie” This pair of heeled booties are great for a Saturday night out, they can be paired with a simple pair of black jeans or any mini dress. ($130)
Credit: Steve Madden
- 3.1 Phillip Lim “Drum Boot” While these may not be the most practical boots in terms of winter weather, they make a great investment! ($390)
Credit: 3.1 Phillip Lim
This is my wishlist, it is a list of my absolute favorite high-end winter items that unfortunately don’t have very accessible price tags :(. This list is where you and I can dream about beautiful things that we, unfortunately, may never get our hands on. Dream away:
2. Dries Van Noten Coat These feathers are everything, no words needed!!
3. Tom Ford Boots
Credit: Tom Ford
Credit: Alexander Wang
5. Alexander Wang Boots If I could still fit into women’s shoes…