Daniel’s Style Guide: Summer Edition
Welcome back to the final edition of Daniel’s Style Guide! With the city’s grueling heat, summer can be one of the hardest seasons to dress for; so this edition will be your style send off into a hot–but stylish–summer.
Dresses: A perfect summer dress is the perfect way to beat the heat these next couple of months, think colorful and flowy!
- Zara Floral Print Dress This midi-length floral dress is a great and well-priced ($50) piece for summer.
2. Five Seventy Five Mini Dress This one-shoulder, star-print mini dress is super cute and from Barneys New York’s latest private label collection! ($60)
3. Reformation Alexandra Dress A long, silky dress is always a good idea, this reformation one may be pricey but it is for sure a good investment considering that you are supporting a company that is committed to sustainability! ($128)
4. H&M Short Dress What a steal! This white, pleated H&M dress is only $35!!
5. Adam Selman Printed Dress Be prepared to get many, many compliments while wearing this leopard-print slip-dress, because it is sick! ($325)
Credit: 11 Honoré
6. H&M Tiered Dress This H&M dress is the epitome of summer: light, flowy, and dreamy! ($35)
7. Valentino Silk Dress How chic is this! This vintage Valentino piece is the dress of my dreams! ($245)
Credit: The Real Real
8. SIR the Label Yellow Dress I love a mini-dress, and this yellow one by SIR the Label is a perfect one. ($159)
Bathing Suits: Whether a solid, low-cut one-piece or a printed bikini, bathing suits are the most important element in your summer wardrobe.
- Onia Lemon-Print Bikini Straight from the hottest new swimwear collaboration, Onia x Weworewhat, this lemon-printed bikini is a great summer investment. (top: $95, bottom: $95)
2. H&M One-piece Who doesn’t love a chic, basic one-piece? This v-neck swimsuit from H&M is the way to go. ($25)
3. Solid & Striped Bikini CHIC. CHIC. CHIC. ($160)
Credit: Solid & Striped
4. Asos Red Bikini A high-waisted bikini bottom is super chic this season, this one from Asos is a steal! (top: $32, bottom: $25)
5. Alberta Ferretti One-piece I know there’s a lot of red going on in this style guide, but I had to include this other red one-piece; it’s so cute and on sale! ($81)
6. Zara One-piece This Zara one-piece is a steal at $40 and, honestly, who doesn’t want some ruffles in their life?
7. Caroline Constas Bikini I know what you’re thinking, why would I ever wear a leopard-printed bikini? Well, let me just tell you, leopard-print bikinis are always a good idea. (top: $88, bottom: $116)
Credit: Forward By Elyse Walker
8. Topshop Black Bikini Everyone should have a simple, black bikini; this one from topshop is cute and a good price. ($64)
9. Proenza Schouler One-piece While this Proenza Schouler bathing suit is ridiculously priced, I had to include it; it’s so chic and can double as a bodysuit! ($325)
Credit: Proenza Schouler
Shorts: Shorts are another must-have for summer, especially summer in the city; who wants to be running around in hot, long pants? From denim shorty-shorts to biker shorts, here are the best ones to buy:
- Re/Done Denim Shorts There is nothing like wearing a good pair of basic, denim cutoffs on a hot summer day; this pair by Re/done make a good investment. ($175)
2. Zara Pleated Short These pleated shorts from Zara are a versatile piece, they can be dressed up or down. ($30)
3. T by Alexander Wang Biker Shorts A biker short is so in this season, this Alexander Wang pair may be a splurge but they are totally worth it! ($124)
Credit: Forward By Elyse Walker
4. Agolde Bermuda Shorts You heard it here first, bermuda shorts for women are in! While you might want to leave bermuda shorts to the guys, this Agolde pair is hard to resist! ($138)
5. Anine Bing Shorts These Anine Bing printed shorts are a fun way to spruce up a night-time look. ($169)
Credit: Anine Bing
6. Grlfrnd Denim Cutoffs These Grlfrnd shorts are another great, basic pair of denim cutoffs! ($45)