Daniel's Style Guide: Winter Edition
Welcome back to Daniel’s style guide! I know it has been a long time since my last guide, but I am back with some winter style advice! This winter is going to be a cold one, so you will need a well-prepared wardrobe that is ready to combat the imminent winter season. I will be sharing with you everything from winter coats, to boots, to sweaters that will ensure you to stay warm and chic throughout winter.
Winter Coats: Winter coats are the most crucial element of winter dressing, they are the focal point of every winter outfit, the cherry on top. A winter coat can make or break your outfit. Though how can one find a coat that is warm yet chic? Furthermore, are there even coats that encompass the two?
- Zara Faux-Shearling Jacket This cropped, faux-shearling zara jacket will make for a perfect edition to your cozy weekend look. ($90)
- Marc Jacobs Shearling Coat Are you a sustainable shopper? Always thinking eco-consciously? Well, if so, let me introduce you to The Real Real. TRR is an online consignment website for vintage designer fashions; it is the place where you can find designer brands for less while being sustainably mindful. So if you do not mind buying used clothes, this Marc Jacobs one is a super chic and cozy piece; and it is on sale! ($255)
- Uniqlo x JW Anderson Puffer Although Jonathan Anderson is one of the hottest fashion designers in the game, his clothes come at a steep price. Luckily, with this puffer you can get one of Andersons’ designs for less. ($100)
- Zara Menswear Coat Ever want to feel older or more mature? This grey, menswear-inspired coat will make you look like a total boss this winter. ($170)
- Aritzia “Mega Puff” You can never go wrong with a simple black puffer. While this Artizia one may be pricey, it guarantees that you will stay warm all winter long. ($275)
- Thakoon Camel Coat A camel coat is a must; this one is italian wool and on sale! ($135)
- Apparis Leopard Puffer Leopard print is tough, since it can be distasteful, tacky, or just plain ugly. This coat, though, proves that wrong. ($225)
- Levis Puffer If you’re looking for a cropped puffer, this Levi’s one should definitely be in the running. ($120)
Sweaters: Sweaters are the second most important part of winter dressing; they are what everyone sees when your coat comes off! Along with coats, they are meant to keep you warm and looking stylish. For this season, my favorite styles are cozy turtlenecks and cardigans.
- Zara Turtleneck This Zara turtleneck is the epitome of a cozy winter sweater, and it is only $50!
- Zara Colorblocked sweater As you may have already guessed by now, I’m a sucker for Zara. To me, they have the chicest clothes for the best prices. This sweater is a perfect example. ($40)
- Fendi Cardigan This cropped, leopard-print cardigan is super-chic and such a steal! A Fendi piece for under $200 is very rare. ($137)
- Ralph Lauren Sweater I am not sure about you, but I am not in the mood to be patriotic right now. Despite this, I really do love a good Ralph Lauren moment and this classic ralph sweater is great. So, even if being patriotic is not your thing, take this sweater into consideration. ($150)
5. Victoria Beckham Orange Turtleneck Want a piece of clothing designed by the iconic posh spice herself? Try this chic orange turtleneck that’s currently on sale. ($95)
Boots: Boots are by far the best winter accessory; from heeled boots for going out, to heavy duty boots for trekking in the snow, there are so many styles to choose from. Although boots can be clunky or ugly, they definitely do not have to be! The truth is, though, whether you like them or not, it is time to ditch those sneakers and invest in a staple boot for the season.
- Aeyde Suede Boots I love a suede boot and these ones are simple yet stylish! ($215)
- Nasty Gal Black Boots These chic black leather boots are such a steal! They are on sale for $42!
- Zara Faux-Fur Trimmed Boots These are a great example of a practical boot that is not clunky. This one has a faux-fur trim and a lug-sole to get you through the snow. ($150)
- Reformation Sienna Bootie These are like Dr. Marten boots but in suede, and I think, chicher. ($268)
- Zara Cowboy Boot Western is one of this year’s biggest trends, and cowboys are the most stylish way to have a western vibe! ($200)
- Schutz Knee-High Boot If you are looking for a knee-high boot, these should be your go-to. They are excellent quality and come in various colors/fabrics. ($295)